There are so many reasons why it’s wise to have your furnace inspected and any needed repairs or adjustments made. Here are seven reasons why it’s so important to get a furnace tune-up:
- Save Money. The furnace can consume a significant portion of your energy bill. A tuned-up furnace runs at maximum efficiency and uses less energy. Some people have experienced as much as a 30% reduction in their energy bills after a furnace tune-up.
- Prevent Minor Problems from Becoming Big Problems. Small problems have a way of developing into big problems. Even something as easily remedied as a worn safety switch or a dirty flame sensor could have you up in the middle of the night, shivering in the freezing cold because the furnace stopped working. And, naturally, if something is going to break it’s almost certain to happen at the least convenient moment.
- Safely Keep Your House Warm. Fuel-burning devices (furnaces, clothes dryers, stoves, etc) release carbon monoxide (CO). CO is a colorless, tasteless, odorless gas that you wouldn’t even notice without a CO detector. In smaller doses, it can cause health problems such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and partial or total loss of the function of a body part. In larger doses, it can cause convulsions, coma, and can even be fatal. CO can seep into your home through cracks and leaks. A properly-maintained furnace expels the CO to the outside.
- Protect Your Warranty. Many manufacturers stipulate annual maintenance of the furnace as a requirement of warranty coverage. If ever you need to contact the manufacturer for a warranty repair or replacement, they are very likely to ask for the service records. If you cannot provide evidence that you’ve maintained the furnace in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions, you may find yourself having to pay for the repairs out of your pocket.
- Extend the Life of Your Furnace. An annual inspection and tune-up will ensure that the parts are operating properly. A poorly maintained heating system has to work much harder to heat your home and overworked equipment has a shorter lifespan. Annual maintenance of your furnace will extend its life.
- Improve the Quality of Air in Your Home. Every home has a certain amount of dust that will get trapped in the furnace filters, along with pet hair and dander, and other airborne particles. Changing the filters and an annual cleaning of your furnace will help to ensure that the air circulating in your home is clean.
- Ensure Sufficient Airflow. Restricted airflow puts a strain on your furnace that can lead to unnecessary repairs and can shorter the life of your furnace. Annual inspection and maintenance of your furnace will ensure that it receives the airflow it needs to operate at maximum efficiency.
Having your furnace inspected and tuned up will save you a money and keep your home warm and cozy this winter. Call Forney Air at (214) 924-9745 and let us take care of your air.